Groundswell Operations Society (“Groundswell”) is a not-for-profit society providing alternative education that centers its students’ lived experience, challenges harmful systems, and builds collective power to change the status quo. We also act as an intermediary for registered charity Groundswell Education Society that aims to advance education by providing leadership, business and employment related training to underrepresented individuals and communities since 2013.
Groundswell Operations Society
268 Keefer Street, Unit #421, Vancouver, BC, Canada, V6A 1X5
Important Privacy Information
Groundswell is committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of all visitors to www.groundswellschool.com (“our website”). This privacy statement relates to our practices in connection with our website. Groundswell fully respects your right to privacy. We will not collect personal information/personal data about you when you visit our website unless you choose to provide that information using the contact us form, instant chat box, newsletter submission box, and other forms and applications. By using this site, you consent to the collection and use of your information under the terms of this privacy statement which is in accordance with the As a public body, Groundswell complies with privacy provisions of BC’s [Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act](http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bclaws_new/document/ID/freeside/96165_01) (RSBC 1996 ch. 165):
- Personal information is collected directly from the individual about whom it relates
- Personal information is collected, used, and disclosed for purposes consistent with Groundswell’s programming and service offerings
- Individuals have the right of access to and a right to request correction of their own personal information
- Personal information is retained for the time period to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected
- Personal information is secured from unauthorized access
- Individuals will be notified about the purposes for which information is collected, and when information is collected for an optional use, individuals will consent to the information collection
Website and Cookies
As a visitor to Groundswell’s website, Groundswell’s web servers automatically collect information that is essential to operating and maintaining the site’s security. The information collected includes:
- Browser type
- Internet service provider (ISP) name
- IP address
The extent of personal information collected by Groundswell’s web servers depends on the standards followed by your ISP. You may wish to contact your provider to determine the policies and practices in this regard.
Groundswell’s website contains links to third party sites, and Groundswell is not responsible for the privacy provisions of those other websites.
When you voluntarily send electronic mail to Groundswell or complete an electronic form that includes identifying information about you, Groundswell will keep a record of this information so that we can respond to you.
Some portions of the Groundswell website may distribute small pieces of information (called “cookies”) to Web browsers to assist you when you return to specific areas on the site. If you have concerns about cookies, you can change your web browser settings not to accept this information, or display warning messages.
If you are concerned about how your personal data is processed by our website, please reach out to Groundswell using the contact details at the top of this page.